Potato and celeriac pancakes with bacon and cheese
- July 2006
- 350g celeriac, peeled and coarsely grated
- 650g potato, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 75g Emmental cheese, grated
- Olive oil, for frying
- 150g katenspeck (or use lardons)
- Soured cream, to serve
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine, roasted, to serve
- Put the celeriac, potato, onion, flour, herbs and cheese into a bowl and add a little seasoning. Mix well.
- Put a little oil into a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the katenspeck until crisp, then remove from the pan and add to the potato mix, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add a generous tablespoon of the potato mix, flattening it with the back of a spoon. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper then keep warm in a low oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with the soured cream, chives and some roasted tomatoes on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato recipes
Kohlrabi and sweet potato rösti with maple bacon and lime avocado
Kohlrabi adds a light, peppery flavour to Vladia Cobrdova’s crunchy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter