Marinated Greek salad
- July 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Bring the flavours of Greece to your midweek table with this olive, feta and tomato salad. It’s served slightly warm, with crusty bread or pitta to soak up all the juices.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 32.5g (6.8g saturated)
- 13.5g (12.6g sugars)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive
- 1 tbsp roughly crushed coriander seeds
- 650g mixed, halved seasonal cherry tomatoes
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 3 large handfuls lettuce leaves
- 180g olives with rosemary and black pepper
- 100g crumbled feta
- Warm crusty bread or pitta, to serve
- Heat 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a medium frying pan with a lid over a medium heat, add the coriander seeds and cherry tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to low, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a serving dish. Add the finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange, another 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and the honey to the pan. Mix well to make a dressing, then leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, toss the cucumber (halve it lengthways, scoop out the seeds, then cut into half-moons), lettuce leaves and olives with rosemary and black pepper with the feta and put in the tomato dish. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the dressing from the pan and drizzle it over the salad, then serve with warm crusty bread or pitta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Greek salad with mint and fried halloumi
This Greek salad recipe from Silvana Franco is bound to be a hit whether you’re...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...