Quick camembert parcels
- December 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 30 minutes
Flaky puff pastry, creamy camembert cheese and sweet peppers are baked together for an oozy, cheesy treat that’s ready in 35 minutes.
- 425g pack frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 150g round petit Camembert
- 4 tbsp cooked mixed peppers from a jar
- Black pepper
- Sprig of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and pop a baking sheet in to heat. Unroll 1 thawed sheet from a 425g pack frozen Jus-Rol puff pastry. Cut in half to give 2 wide rectangles.
- Cut 150g round petit Camembert in half to make 2 semi-circles, then cut each half horizontally to give 4 semi-circles. Place 1 piece of cheese in the centre of each pastry rectangle, then top with a good tablespoonful of cooked mixed peppers (best from a jar). Put the remaining cheese on top, season with black pepper and sprinkle with some fresh thyme.
- Beat an egg yolk with a little water. Brush the pastry edges with egg, then bring up the pastry to form a parcel. Press the edges to seal with a fork, then brush each parcel with more egg. Transfer to the hot baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. Bake until golden and cooked through. Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review