Baked camembert with crispy pancetta and sourdough sticks
- November 2016
- Serves 4 as a starter
- Hands-on time 25 min
An oozy, boozy, pancetta-covered baked camembert is the perfect dinner party starter recipe. Serve with toasted sourdough for extra dunking opportunities…
- A whole, boxed camembert
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- A glug of dry white wine
- A loaf of sourdough
- 200g smoked pancetta cubes
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Make a cross in the top of a whole, boxed camembert with the tip of a sharp knife and put the box on a large square of foil.
- Poke a few garlic slivers and a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs into the cheese, add a glug of dry white wine and seal the foil up like a parcel. Bake for 25 minutes (it should be really gooey).
- Meanwhile, cut two thirds of the sourdough into sticks (not too long), season with salt and pepper, put in a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp, then set aside.
- While the sourdough sticks are baking, heat a frying pan over a high heat and add the smoked pancetta. Fry over a high heat for 10 minutes or until very crisp.
- Remove the camembert from the foil and serve, in its box, scattered with the crispy pancetta, with the sourdough sticks to dip in
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes to celebrate spring
Sharing pan fondue with garlic toasts, roasted radishes and asparagus
Take this pan of hot, melted cheese to the table and let your guests dig...