Baked camembert with crispy pancetta and sourdough sticks
- November 2016
- Serves 4 as a starter
- Hands-on time 25 min
An oozy, boozy, pancetta-covered baked camembert is the perfect dinner party starter recipe. Serve with toasted sourdough for extra dunking opportunities…
- A whole, boxed camembert
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- A glug of dry white wine
- A loaf of sourdough
- 200g smoked pancetta cubes
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Make a cross in the top of a whole, boxed camembert with the tip of a sharp knife and put the box on a large square of foil.
- Poke a few garlic slivers and a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs into the cheese, add a glug of dry white wine and seal the foil up like a parcel. Bake for 25 minutes (it should be really gooey).
- Meanwhile, cut two thirds of the sourdough into sticks (not too long), season with salt and pepper, put in a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp, then set aside.
- While the sourdough sticks are baking, heat a frying pan over a high heat and add the smoked pancetta. Fry over a high heat for 10 minutes or until very crisp.
- Remove the camembert from the foil and serve, in its box, scattered with the crispy pancetta, with the sourdough sticks to dip in
Rate & review