Quick cauliflower cheese
- November 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
This quick cauliflower cheese recipe is ideal as a light supper for two people or a hearty main course accompaniment for four.
However, if you have more time and still after a light supper, try our healthier cauliflower cheese recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- Medium head cauliflower
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 500g pot fresh cheese sauce
- A small handful thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp dried flavoured breadcrumbs
- 25g grated vegetarian Parmesan
- If eating as a side dish, serve with grilled pork chops or veggie sausages
- Preheat the grill to medium. Break the cauliflower into even-size florets and cook in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and pile into a 1½ litre ovenproof dish along with the spring onions and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Warm the fresh cheese sauce in a saucepan or in a dish in the microwave, according to instructions, then pour over the cauliflower.
- Mix the thyme leaves, breadcrumbs and grated vegetarian Parmesan together in a bowl. Scatter over the top of the cauliflower cheese, then pop the dish under the grill for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- If eating as a side dish, serve with grilled pork chops or veggie sausages.
If you’re not a veggie, add chopped cooked bacon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...