Steak and five-spice stir-fry
- March 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 10 minutes
Stuck for ideas for something quick and easy to make for dinner tonight? Try this Chinese-inspired stir-fry with fragrant five-spice.
Or, try this super-speedy duck fried rice recipe for a quick dinner that’s cheaper and healthier than a takeaway.
- Dairy-free recipes
- a 250g sirloin steak.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice paste
- a 300g pack fresh stir-fry vegetables.
- Thinly slice a 250g sirloin steak. Heat 1 tablespoon sunflower oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice paste, then tip in a 300g pack fresh stir-fry vegetables. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add a splash of water. Cook for another minute, then serve with cooked egg noodles, if you like.
Rate & review