Quick moussaka pots
- March 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
A creamy Greek classic made simple using ready-grilled aubergines and peppers. You can also double the recipe to make a fantastic family meal for four.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g ready-diced onions or 1 small onion, diced
- 250g lean lamb mince, seasoned
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 230g can chopped tomatoes
- Fresh oregano leaves
- A handful chargrilled peppers (from a jar)
- A handful pitted black olives
- Ready-grilled aubergines (from a jar)
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 50g feta, crumbled
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onions until softened. Add the mince, break it up with a spoon and fry until browned. Stir through the tomato purée and pour over the canned tomatoes, oregano and a splash of water. Bring to a simmer and bubble rapidly for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Stir through chargrilled peppers and olives, then spoon between 2 x 350ml ovenproof dishes. Top each with a layer of aubergines slices.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt with the egg and spoon over the aubergines, scatter with feta. Pop under the grill for 5 minutes until browned.
- Scatter with some more oregano leaves, to serve.
Rate & review