10 family dinner recipes for under £10
You can whip up these great-tasting thrifty suppers for well under £10, without scrimping on flavour or quality of ingredients. Every recipe feeds four hungry people and they’re all quick, easy and good-for-you too! It’s a win-win.
1. Sticky sesame and soy chicken tray bake (£1.14 per serving)
Simply mix all the marinade ingredients together, pour over the chicken and then bake until caramelised and sticky.
2. Charred chicken salad (£1.64 per serving)
This main-meal salad uses purse-friendly chicken thighs, fibre-rich chickpeas and is drizzled in a gorgeous roasted red pepper dressing. You’re going to love it.
3. Salmon and root vegetable traybake with quick coriander pesto (£1.50 per serving)
You can still enjoy the luxury of salmon on a budget with our colourful tray bake. Seasonal root veg are cheap to buy and we’ve used frozen fish to keep the cost down too.
4. Mexican chicken traybake (£1.48 per serving)
Use up leftover ready-roasted red peppers in this Mexican-spiced tray bake. Or take it up a notch and serve with lashings of guacamole, soured cream and tortilla chips.
5. Honey and mustard baked chicken (£1.36 per serving)
This store cupboard marinade uses ingredients you probably already have at home and it only takes 15 minutes to throw together!
6. Salmon, sweet potato and pea frittata (£1.67 per serving)
When time is of the essence and pay day seems worlds away, you can always rely on a trusty frittata to see you through the week. Ours makes a couple of salmon fillets go further with the help of extra veggies. Serve for dinner tonight and pop any leftovers in a tupperware for lunch tomorrow.
7. Leek and pea dumpling curry (£1.20 per serving)
A delightfully satisfying veggie curry that uses ready-made curry paste to keep the cooking time at a minimum.
8. Miso pork stir-fry (£1.32 per serving)
A speedy stir-fry that will serve you well on even the busiest of days. Knock this vibrant dinner up in just 20 minutes.
9. Lentil, tomato and paprika soup with crispy kale (53p per serving)
A nourishing veggie soup that’s low in saturated fat, high in fibre and comes in at just over £4 for four people. You can’t go wrong with this one.
10. Cauliflower cheese and greens (65p per serving)
Take comfort in this gloriously good chicken and mushroom pasta bake this evening – all for under a fiver!
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe