Grilled asparagus and parma ham on toast
- May 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
For a quick, easy starter or a light summer lunch, top toasted ciabatta with crispy parma ham, asparagus and honey-drizzled feta.
Feeding vegetarians? Try our lemon ricotta bruschetta with tenderstem and tomatoes instead.
- 12 slices of parma ham
- 1 bunch of trimmed asparagus
- 150g crumbled feta
- 1-2 tsp clear honey
- A handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- A glug of olive oil
- 4-8 slices ciabatta
- Heat the grill to high. Line a grill pan with foil and lay out the parma ham slices and asparagus. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5-8 minutes until the parma ham is crisp and the asparagus is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the crumbled feta, honey, roughly chopped mint, lemon juice and zest and a glug of olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding a little more honey or lemon if you like.
- Toast the ciabatta slices, then top with the feta mixture, grilled asparagus and parma ham. Finish with an extra drizzle of oil.
Rate & review