Really easy pancakes with fruit
- March 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
Whether you’re celebrating Shrove Tuesday or cooking brunch, get the children involved with this really easy pancake recipe.
- 15g unsalted butter, plus extra for frying
- 300ml natural yogurt
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- A little milk (optional)
- 2 big handfuls any chopped or small fruit, such as peeled and finely chopped ripe pear, apples, banana or frozen berries such as blueberries or raspberries
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Leave to cool slightly. Measure the yogurt into a measuring jug. Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Add the egg to the yogurt with the vanilla and melted butter and whisk with a fork.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into another bowl. Pour over the egg mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix well. Don’t worry if the batter is slightly lumpy. Add a little milk if it’s too thick. The mixture should easily drop off the spoon. Stir in the fruit.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and a small knob of extra butter in a frying pan over a gentle heat until the butter just starts to fizz. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the pan, spaced well apart. Cook over a medium heat for about 2 minutes until you start to see bubbles rise on the surface. Carefully slide a palette knife under each pancake and flip over. Cook for another 2 minutes, then lift the pancakes out onto a plate with the palette knife. Cover with foil to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same way until you have a pile of pancakes. Serve with maple syrup over the top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
July seasonal recipes
Ricotta and buttermilk pancakes with blueberry and orange butter
Breakfast, brunch or pudding – this blueberry ricotta pancake recipe never goes amiss. Whip a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...