- 3 small very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 150g rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g frozen mixed berries
- Coconut oil for frying
- Clear honey to drizzle (optional)
- 3 tbsp dried coconut flakes to serve
- Put the bananas, eggs, oats and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and whizz using a stick blender. There should be some texture in the oats but the mix needs to be fairly smooth.
- Put the berries in a small pan and heat gently for 5-8 minutes until softened. Add a splash of water if they start to catch.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large frying pan and, when hot, add a medium ladleful of pancake batter. Turn down the heat to low and fry for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip and repeat. The pancakes are quite thick so you may need to flip them again to make sure they’re cooked but not too browned.
- Serve with the berry compote, adding a little honey if it’s not sweet enough, with coconut flakes on top.
- Next time, add a few tbsp of almond butter to the mix (step 1) and add chocolate chips instead of cinnamon.
- Frozen berries are healthy as the nutrients have been preserved by the freezing process. They’re full of fibre and are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin K, as well as the mineral manganese.