Roast chicken with herbs and new potatoes
- June 2013
- Serves 4
- 55 minutes
This simple chicken recipe is perfect for midweek cooking when you’re pressed for time.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.4g (3.6g saturated)
- 24.6g (3.4g sugars)
- 1.6g salt
- 2 tbsp chicken seasoning (we like Bart Poultry Seasoning)
- 8 free-range chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bashed
- 500g baby new potatoes, large ones halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large handful each of fresh basil, mint and coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken, working it into the flesh on the underside.
- Drizzle a little oil into a baking tray and add the chicken, garlic and potatoes. Drizzle over the 2 tbsp oil and toss the potatoes around to make sure they’re well covered.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until the chicken thighs are crisp and the potatoes are golden and cooked through. Squeeze over the lemon juice, scatter over the herbs and serve with a green salad.
Next time add wedges of beetroot or tenderstem broccoli to the tray.
Rate & review