Chicken with peanut roasties and lime, pepper and pea sauce
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 40 min
We’ve upgraded the chicken traybake with peanut roasties and pea sauce to make a great-tasting, fuss-free midweek meal.
Check out the rest of our traybake recipes here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 24.3g (4.7g saturated)
- 38.8g (5.5g sugars)
- 1kg potatoes, halved if large and peeled
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 65g roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- ⅓ bunch spring onions, sliced
- Grated zest and juice 1½ limes, plus wedges to serve
- ⅓ large bunch fresh coriander
- ½ small bunch fresh basil
- Put the potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and leave in the colander to cool.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Pour 2 tbsp of the oil in a large roasting tin, then put in the oven to heat up. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, rough up their edges with a fork or potato masher, then carefully slide them into the roasting tin. Toss carefully in the hot oil, then season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn down the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6, sprinkle over the peanuts, then add the chicken to the tin. Roast for 30 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil the peas for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Whizz half in a food processor with the remaining olive oil, green pepper, half the spring onions, lime zest and juice and most of the herbs until combined. (Or use a pestle and mortar instead.) Taste, season, then stir in the rest of the peas.
- To serve, sprinkle the remaining spring onions and herbs over the tray and serve with the pea sauce on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey & Co’s chicken, plum and sweet spice traybake
Chicken thighs are marinated in warming spices, demerara sugar and a fresh plum purée, before...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...