Chicken with peanut roasties and lime, pepper and pea sauce
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 40 min
We’ve upgraded the chicken traybake with peanut roasties and pea sauce to make a great-tasting, fuss-free midweek meal.
Check out the rest of our traybake recipes here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 24.3g (4.7g saturated)
- 38.8g (5.5g sugars)
- 1kg potatoes, halved if large and peeled
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 65g roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- ⅓ bunch spring onions, sliced
- Grated zest and juice 1½ limes, plus wedges to serve
- ⅓ large bunch fresh coriander
- ½ small bunch fresh basil
- Put the potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and leave in the colander to cool.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Pour 2 tbsp of the oil in a large roasting tin, then put in the oven to heat up. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, rough up their edges with a fork or potato masher, then carefully slide them into the roasting tin. Toss carefully in the hot oil, then season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn down the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6, sprinkle over the peanuts, then add the chicken to the tin. Roast for 30 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil the peas for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Whizz half in a food processor with the remaining olive oil, green pepper, half the spring onions, lime zest and juice and most of the herbs until combined. (Or use a pestle and mortar instead.) Taste, season, then stir in the rest of the peas.
- To serve, sprinkle the remaining spring onions and herbs over the tray and serve with the pea sauce on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey & Co’s chicken, plum and sweet spice traybake
Chicken thighs are marinated in warming spices, demerara sugar and a fresh plum purée, before...