Roast pork, potato and feta
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min; oven time 25 min
This cheesy pork recipe is an ideal supper dish: it’s quick, comforting and low-fat.
- 349 kcals
- 14.8g fat (5.6g saturated)
- 26.4g protein
- 25.5g carbs (5.5g sugar)
- 1.2g salt
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 500g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 x 90g pork loin medallions
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs, roughly chopped, to serve
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Place the onion and sliced potato in a shallow roasting tin, pour over half the oil and lots of seasoning, then toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season the pork and brown for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes and thyme leaves over the potato and return to the oven for 5 minutes more. Lay the pork on top and pour over the white wine and stock. Roast for a further 12 minutes until the pork is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve scattered with the feta, lemon zest and thyme sprigs, and drizzled with a little olive oil.
Rate & review