Roast purple sprouting broccoli, black pudding and parsnip salad
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
Use seasonal purple sprouting in this springtime salad recipe made with parsnips, black pudding and rocket.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25.2g (5.5g saturated)
- 30.7g (13.6g sugars)
- 700g parsnips
- Good glug olive oil, plus 3 tbsp extra
- 500g purple sprouting broccoli
- 150g black pudding or chopped chorizo
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 100g rocket
- Handful fresh chives
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel and cut the parsnips into long wedges, removing any woody centres, then put in a large bowl and toss with a glug of oil. Space out in a large baking tray, then season. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the broccoli after 20 minutes with the crumbled black pudding or chorizo. Cook until the veg are wilted and caramelised and the black pudding/chorizo is crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the vinegar in a bowl with the mustard, honey and the 3 tbsp olive oil, then season well. When the veg are cooked, transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with the rocket. Roughly chop the chives, then toss through with the dressing. Taste and season, then serve warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied using seasonal ingredients; we’ve added...
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...