Roast purple sprouting broccoli, black pudding and parsnip salad
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
Use seasonal purple sprouting in this springtime salad recipe made with parsnips, black pudding and rocket.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25.2g (5.5g saturated)
- 30.7g (13.6g sugars)
- 700g parsnips
- Good glug olive oil, plus 3 tbsp extra
- 500g purple sprouting broccoli
- 150g black pudding or chopped chorizo
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 100g rocket
- Handful fresh chives
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel and cut the parsnips into long wedges, removing any woody centres, then put in a large bowl and toss with a glug of oil. Space out in a large baking tray, then season. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the broccoli after 20 minutes with the crumbled black pudding or chorizo. Cook until the veg are wilted and caramelised and the black pudding/chorizo is crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the vinegar in a bowl with the mustard, honey and the 3 tbsp olive oil, then season well. When the veg are cooked, transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with the rocket. Roughly chop the chives, then toss through with the dressing. Taste and season, then serve warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied using seasonal ingredients; we’ve added...
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...