Roast roots and blood orange salad
- January 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45-50 min
Blood oranges add freshness to balance the richness of winter’s comfort food – in this instance roasted root vegetables – in this salad recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4 parsnips, halved lengthways
- 3 golden beetroot, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 blood oranges, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 treviso radicchio
- 50g toasted hazelnuts
- 75g soft goat’s curd or goat’s cheese
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips and beetroot with the olive oil in a roasting tray. Roast for 45-50 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, slice one orange into segments, squeezing the juice from the pulp into a small bowl, then cut the remaining orange into rounds.
- Whisk the extra-virgin olive oil into the orange juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the radicchio leaves with the warm roasted veg, then arrange on a platter, scattered with the blood orange segments and rounds, hazelnuts and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Halibut with pancetta, potatoes and blood orange salad
Planning an evening for two? This delicious crisp-skinned halibut with pancetta, potatoes and blood orange...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...