Roast roots and blood orange salad
- January 2018
- 4 parsnips, halved lengthways
- 3 golden beetroot, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 blood oranges, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 treviso radicchio
- 50g toasted hazelnuts
- 75g soft goat’s curd or goat’s cheese
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips and beetroot with the olive oil in a roasting tray. Roast for 45-50 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, slice one orange into segments, squeezing the juice from the pulp into a small bowl, then cut the remaining orange into rounds.
- Whisk the extra-virgin olive oil into the orange juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the radicchio leaves with the warm roasted veg, then arrange on a platter, scattered with the blood orange segments and rounds, hazelnuts and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Halibut with pancetta, potatoes and blood orange salad
Planning an evening for two? This delicious crisp-skinned halibut with...
March seasonal recipes
Diana Henry’s chicken with marsala, olives and blood oranges
Diana Henry’s Sicilian-style chicken recipe makes a full-of-flavour dinner using...
Blood orange, burrata and cinnamon-cashew salad with mulled wine glaze
A wintry blood orange and burrata salad gets a festive...
Make-ahead dessert recipes
Blood orange jellies with madeleines and chantilly cream
The beautiful citrussy flavour of these jellies, served with zesty...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter