Roast roots and blood orange salad
- January 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45-50 min
Blood oranges add freshness to balance the richness of winter’s comfort food – in this instance roasted root vegetables – in this salad recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4 parsnips, halved lengthways
- 3 golden beetroot, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 blood oranges, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 treviso radicchio
- 50g toasted hazelnuts
- 75g soft goat’s curd or goat’s cheese
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips and beetroot with the olive oil in a roasting tray. Roast for 45-50 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, slice one orange into segments, squeezing the juice from the pulp into a small bowl, then cut the remaining orange into rounds.
- Whisk the extra-virgin olive oil into the orange juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the radicchio leaves with the warm roasted veg, then arrange on a platter, scattered with the blood orange segments and rounds, hazelnuts and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Halibut with pancetta, potatoes and blood orange salad
Planning an evening for two? This delicious crisp-skinned halibut with pancetta, potatoes and blood orange...