Rosemary roasted potatoes
- January 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 1 hour 25 minutes to cook
Try this crisp roast potato recipe for Sunday lunch. These roasties really stand out thanks to the fragrant taste of rosemary.
Looking for a timeless roastie recipe? Our golden and delicious roast potatoes recipe could be the one for you.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.9g (0.9g saturated)
- 43.5g (1.4g sugars)
- 1.5kg large floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil OR 4 tbsp goose fat
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, leaves picked, plus extra small sprigs, to garnish
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters, depending on their size. Parboil in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and return to the pan to dry out. Shake the potatoes to rough up the edges. Lay out on a baking tray and cool. Once cold, put the tray in the freezer for 2 hours, then transfer to freezer bags and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat the oil or fat in a large roasting tin for 5 minutes until very hot. Tip in the frozen potatoes and the rosemary leaves, turning well to coat. Roast for 1 hour 10 minutes, turning halfway. Sprinkle with extra rosemary sprigs and sea salt to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...