- February 2009
- For 4-6 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 55 minutes to cook
These roast potatoes are easy to cook, and the essential accompaniment to a roast.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1.2kg potatoes – King Edward or Desirée are particularly good for roasting
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6. Peel the potatoes. Using a small, sharp knife and a chopping board, cut the potatoes in half, then into quarters. Ideally they should be cut into even-size pieces so they cook evenly and will all be ready at the same time.
- Put the potatoes into the roasting tin with the lamb. Drizzle over the oil and rub it all over the potatoes with your hands.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then very carefully (ask an adult to help you here) take the tin out of the oven. Using a palette knife, carefully turn the potatoes over to help make sure that they brown evenly. Cook for another 25 minutes, until crispy and golden and cooked through – poke with a skewer or fork to test that it is soft on the inside.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
These roasties are a little different in that the potatoes are baked in their skins...