Sausage, carrot and cumin hash
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Feed four people for around a fiver with this easy throw-it-all-together sausage recipe made with carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- 27.6g (9.9g saturated)
- 48.4g (12.6g sugars)
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil, pus extra
- 6 free-range cumberland sausages or 12 chipolatas
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- 30g gruyère or cheddar
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into 1-2cm cubes, then add to the pan and cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and slice the sausages. Fry for 5 minutes or until coloured slightly, then remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic. Add a little more oil to the frying pan, then fry the cumin seeds, onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots, then add to the frying pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Heat the grill to high.
- Return the sausages to the pan. Chop, then stir through the parsley. Coarsely grate over the cheese, then grill for 5 minutes until melted.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter