Sausage, carrot and cumin hash
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Feed four people for around a fiver with this easy throw-it-all-together sausage recipe made with carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- 27.6g (9.9g saturated)
- 48.4g (12.6g sugars)
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil, pus extra
- 6 free-range cumberland sausages or 12 chipolatas
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- 30g gruyère or cheddar
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into 1-2cm cubes, then add to the pan and cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and slice the sausages. Fry for 5 minutes or until coloured slightly, then remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic. Add a little more oil to the frying pan, then fry the cumin seeds, onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots, then add to the frying pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Heat the grill to high.
- Return the sausages to the pan. Chop, then stir through the parsley. Coarsely grate over the cheese, then grill for 5 minutes until melted.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Two-potato, pancetta and parmesan hash
Feeling fragile? Throw together this revamped fry-up for when you need food on the table...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...