Five-spice chicken noodle stir-fry
- March 2012
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Very Lazy Ginger (from supermarkets) or similar, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 nests Blue Dragon Wholewheat Noodles (from Tesco and other supermarkets)
- 220g pack Tesco Stir-fry Medley, or similar
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mix the five-spice, honey, ginger and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat it in the marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp of he oil in a wok over a high heat and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until cooked, sticky and golden. Remove and set aside, then wipe the wok.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water to prevent them sticking, then set aside. Slice the stir-fry veg into matchsticks.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the veg for 1-2 minutes until beginning to wilt. 5. Return the chicken to the pan with the noodles and fry for 30 seconds with a splash of soy sauce. Divide between two bowls and squeeze over a wedge of lime
Rate & review