Five-spice chicken noodle stir-fry
- March 2012
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Very Lazy Ginger (from supermarkets) or similar, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 nests Blue Dragon Wholewheat Noodles (from Tesco and other supermarkets)
- 220g pack Tesco Stir-fry Medley, or similar
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mix the five-spice, honey, ginger and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat it in the marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp of he oil in a wok over a high heat and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until cooked, sticky and golden. Remove and set aside, then wipe the wok.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water to prevent them sticking, then set aside. Slice the stir-fry veg into matchsticks.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the veg for 1-2 minutes until beginning to wilt. 5. Return the chicken to the pan with the noodles and fry for 30 seconds with a splash of soy sauce. Divide between two bowls and squeeze over a wedge of lime
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...