Sesame and soy salmon with lime dressing
- January 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, cooking time 8-12 min
We’ve served steamed sesame and soy salmon with lots of greens, black beans and a fiery lime and wasabi dressing.
- 34.3g (6.6g saturated)
- 28.1g (4.9g sugars)
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 sustainably sourced salmon fillets (or lightly smoked salmon fillets)
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus 1 lime, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp wasabi paste (to taste)
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced, then drizzled with squeeze of lime juice to prevent browning
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 200g radishes, sliced or chopped
- Fill a steamer pan (see tip) one third full with water, then bring up to the boil.
- In a heatproof bowl that will fit inside the steamer, mix the soy sauce and half the sesame oil. Add the salmon fillets and turn to coat well, then transfer the bowl to the steamer. Cover with the lid, then turn down the heat slightly so the water is at a fast simmer. Cook for 8-12 minutes until the salmon fillets are opaque and cooked through (timing will depend on how thick the fillets are).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the lime juice and zest with the wasabi to make a dressing.
- Once the salmon is almost cooked, heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Toss the broccoli in the olive oil, then fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Turn the heat to medium, add the beans and warm through in the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the salmon among 4 serving plates, mix the juices from the steamer bowl with the beans and the rest of the sesame oil, then serve with the salmon, alongside the avocado, coriander and radishes. Drizzle with the wasabi dressing and serve straightaway.
If you don’t have a steamer, use a wok or wide pan with a tight-fitting lid, pour in 4cm or so of water, then rest an upturned small plate or saucer in the base to provide a platform for the salmon bowl to sit on.
Rate & review