Roasted sesame salmon with ginger and chilli pak choi
- October 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins, 8-10 mins cooking time, plus marinating
A low-carb sesame salmon recipe that is packed full of fresh flavours and healthy ingredients.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 25.7g (4.3g saturated)
- 2.8g (2.3g sugars)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, half grated, half finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 4 pak choi, leaves separated
- Bunch spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced into thin rounds
- Mix together the soy sauce, grated ginger, oils, lime juice and some black pepper. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/fan160°c/gas 4. Place the pak choi and spring onions in a large roasting tray. Scatter with the sliced ginger, and top with the salmon and marinade. Sprinkle the salmon with the sesame seeds and scatter with the chilli.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the salmon is golden brown. Divide among 4 plates and serve with steamed basmati rice.
You can use any firm fish such as cod, haddock, pollock or sea bass – just make sure it’s sustainable.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...