Lime crusted salmon with creamy, herby lentils
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 minutes plus 20 minutes cooking time
This lime crusted salmon recipe with puy lentils is the perfect dish for midweek entertaining – impressive but very simple to make.
- 30.8g (5.5g saturated)
- 50.8g (6.2g sugar)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 250g Puy lentils
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Large handful each fresh flatleaf parsley and basil, chopped
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 100g baby spinach
- 200ml natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the Puy lentils and 500ml hot water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the chopped chilli, the lime zest and a handful of the chopped herbs. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season and mix well.
- Place the salmon fillets in a roasting tin lined with foil, drizzle with the remaining oil, then press a little of the breadcrumb mix onto the top of each salmon fillet. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until just cooked through.
- Add the baby spinach to the lentils and stir until wilted a little. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the chopped herbs, the yogurt and a squeeze of lime juice (or to taste) and season well.
- To serve, divide the lentils among 4 serving plates and place the salmon fillets alongside. Garnish with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the salmon, if you like.
Save time by using 2 packs of Merchant Gourmet ready-cooked Puy lentils and just heat them through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salmon fillet recipes
Baked arctic char with mushroom hollandaise and crispy potatoes
Arctic char is a member of the salmon and trout family and, if carefully farmed,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...