Lime crusted salmon with creamy, herby lentils
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 minutes plus 20 minutes cooking time
This lime crusted salmon recipe with puy lentils is the perfect dish for midweek entertaining – impressive but very simple to make.
- 30.8g (5.5g saturated)
- 50.8g (6.2g sugar)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 250g Puy lentils
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Large handful each fresh flatleaf parsley and basil, chopped
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 100g baby spinach
- 200ml natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the Puy lentils and 500ml hot water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the chopped chilli, the lime zest and a handful of the chopped herbs. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season and mix well.
- Place the salmon fillets in a roasting tin lined with foil, drizzle with the remaining oil, then press a little of the breadcrumb mix onto the top of each salmon fillet. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until just cooked through.
- Add the baby spinach to the lentils and stir until wilted a little. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the chopped herbs, the yogurt and a squeeze of lime juice (or to taste) and season well.
- To serve, divide the lentils among 4 serving plates and place the salmon fillets alongside. Garnish with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the salmon, if you like.
Save time by using 2 packs of Merchant Gourmet ready-cooked Puy lentils and just heat them through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Szechuan salmon with pink peppercorns
This low fat and high protein salmon recipe is full of spicy Szechuan flavour.
Salmon fillet recipes
Beetroot-marinated salmon with dill pickled rice salad
Looking for a Mother’s Day lunch recipe, or something special to put on the table...