Shaved celeriac and beetroot caesar salad
- January 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Try this winter salad recipe made with celeriac, beetroot, radicchio, little gem lettuce and pumpernickel bread.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.2g (2.2g saturated)
- 15.4g (8.4g sugars)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 25g parmesan-style hard cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp natural yogurt
- ½-1 lemon
- 1 large celeriac (about 750g)
- 2 large raw beetroot (about 200g each)
- 1 radicchio
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 2 slices of pumpernickel rye bread
- Crush the garlic into a mixing bowl, then mix with the egg yolk, cheese and yogurt. Squeeze in the lemon juice to taste (reserve the fruit), season well and set aside. Peel the celeriac and beetroot, then very finely slice (a mandoline is ideal, or use the slicer on a food processor; otherwise, cut into batons with a sharp knife).
- Put the celeriac in a bowl of cold water with the squeezed lemon. Put the beetroot in another bowl. Separate the leaves of the radicchio and little gem lettuces, then add to the beetroot. Set a non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Tear up the bread, then toast in the hot pan. Drain the celeriac and dry with kitchen paper, then briefly toss with the beetroot. Divide the salad among 4 plates, drizzle over the dressing, then scatter with the rye croutons and extra grated cheese.
Please note: recipe contains raw egg
Rate & review