Simple summer minestrone soup
- July 2011
- For 4-6 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A recipe made for the summer months – simple minestrone soup is light, healthy and quick to throw together.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.2g (3.1g saturated)
- 19.3g (3.5g sugars)
- 140g pancetta cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.25 litres good-quality chicken stock, hot
- 100g spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 550g summer vegetables such as roughly chopped carrots, french beans (topped) and podded broad beans
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan to serve
- Fry the pancetta until crisp. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, spaghetti and any of the firmer vegetables such as the carrots. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the veg are tender. Stir through the basil, reserving a few leaves to scatter on top, then season. Serve topped with Parmesan shavings.
Rate & review