Sloppy joe pizza
- November 2017
- Makes 2 pizzas
- Hands-on time 15-20 min, plus defrosting
We’ve taken Friday night’s in to the next level with our sloppy joe pizza. This shortcut recipe uses frozen pizza dough – it’s ready before you have time to decide on a film to watch.
- 33.2g (13.9g saturated)
- 53.7g (3.5g sugars)
- 220g Northern Dough Co Original frozen pizza dough (widely available), defrosted, or make your own – see our basic pizza dough recipe
- Plain flour for dusting
For the topping
- 50ml passata
- 80g salami
- 50ml fresh bolognese sauce
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Chilli oil to drizzle, plus extra to serve
- Handful fresh basil leaves to serve
You’ll also need…
- 2 baking sheets
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. On a lightly floured surface roll out or stretch each dough ball to make a 25cm base. Put each base on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Spread the passata over the bases, then top with the salami. Dollop over the bolognese sauce and scatter with the cheese. Drizzle with chilli oil, then bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbling and crisp.
- Scatter with the basil leaves and drizzle with extra chilli oil to serve.
Like it spicy? roast a few chillies drizzled with olive oil in the hot oven until soft, then slice and scatter over the pizza.
Rate & review