- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 10-12 minutes to cook
This PizzaExpress pizza packs a southern Italian punch with hot Calabrese sausage, fresh chillies, roquito peppers and spicy, soft nduja sausage.
- 26.4g (12.5g saturated)
- 49.6g (4.9g sugars)
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe)
- 80g tomato sauce (see recipe)
- 45g mozzarella, cubed
- 30g nduja sausage (from good Italian delis – optional)
- 30g roquito peppers (we like Merchant Gourmet, from Tesco and Waitrose), chopped
- 4 large fresh green chillies, finely sliced
- ¼ yellow and ¼ red pepper, sliced
- 20g Grana Padano, grated
- 30g Calabrese sausage (from good Italian delis) or spicy salami, sliced
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 20g watercress, stalks trimmed
- 1 tsp fresh pesto
- 50g fior di latte mozzarella (from good Italian delis) or buffalo mozzarella
- Preheat a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 or as high as your oven will go. Stretch and roll the dough into a rectangle or rustic circle (see p108 for how to do this). Remove the sheet/stone from the oven, place the rolled dough on top and quickly spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge. Add the mozzarella and break the nduja sausage, if using, into small pieces, scattering it evenly over the pizza base. Add the roquito pepper, green chilli and yellow and red pepper on top.
- Finally, sprinkle over half the Grana Padano, top with slices of Calabrese sausage or spicy salami and season with the oregano. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until crisp and golden.
- While the pizza is cooking, place the watercress and pesto in a bowl and lightly toss together.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, tear the fior di latte mozzarella into 10 pieces and scatter over the pizza. Spoon the watercress and pesto mix over the top and finish with the remaining Grana Padano.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian lamb noisettes
Italian lamb noisettes makes the perfect dish to entertain with and is a real crowd...