Slow-cooked Indian lamb korma
- May 2008
- Serves 6
- Ready in 30 min
This gluten-free lamb korma curry is a perfect slow cooker recipe – just pop it in and marvel at the tender results. If you don’t own a slow cooker, then follow the same method, but use a deep flameproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 700g roughly diced lamb, most fat removed
- 125ml boiling water
- 1 x 10g gluten-free chicken stock cube
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsps double cream
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander, chopped
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Place the slow cooker pot or deep flameproof casserole on the stove, add the oil and warm gently.
- Add the spices and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, to release their flavour, but do not burn.
- Add the garlic, onions and ginger and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes to coat well in the spices and oil.
- Next add the lamb, water and crumbled stock cube, season well with salt and pepper, then place in the preheated slow cooker cradle set to low.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours over a low heat (or in the oven for 4 hours if using a casserole dish – see tip).
- Once cooked, the meat will be very tender. Skim off any surplus oil, stir well, then add the cream, tomatoes and coriander.
- Check the seasoning and serve with steamed basmati rice.
If you don’t own a slow cooker, then follow the same method, but use a deep flameproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid and cook at 180°C/350ºF/gas mark 4 for 4 hours.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Safed maas, royal lamb korma
This Indian Safed Maas, or royal lamb korma recipe may take a while but it’s...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...