Smoked duck and ginger noodle soup
- October 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
This simple Thai soup recipe has maximum flavour and requires minimal effort. Ready in 20 minutes, this is a real shortcut supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 heaped tbsp tom yum paste (we like Thai Taste, from Waitrose)
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, diced
- 160g Clearspring Organic udon noodles (from Ocado and Waitrose), or similar
- 120g pack Rannoch smoked duck (from Ocado and Waitrose), or similar
- 260g pack Waitrose Crunchy Oriental Stir-fry, or similar
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- Pour the stock into a saucepan with 750ml water, cover and bring to the boil. Stir through the tom yum paste, then add the ginger and noodles. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the duck slices and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Finally, stir through the crunchy veg mix, spring onions and chilli. Cook for another 2 minutes until the veg are just tender, but still retain some bite. Add the sugar and squeeze over the juice of ½ lime. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Spoon between bowls and serve with lime wedges.
Replace the duck with diced chicken or pork – just simmer until cooked through.
Rate & review