Smoked mackerel and chorizo potatoes
- June 2005
- 200g piece chorizo, roughly chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 900g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, skinned
- Large handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until most of the oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions and potatoes to the pan. Coat in the oil from the chorizo and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the potatoes are just tender and the onions golden.
- Stir the tomatoes and chorizo into the pan. Flake the mackerel fillets with a fork and add them to the pan. Gently mix and cook for 2 minutes, until piping hot. Stir in the parsley. Divide between 4 plates and serve with a mixed leaf salad.
This dish will freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight, then pan-fry in a little oil over a high heat until everything’s piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spring onion recipes
Spring onion and Spanish ham salad with sherry dressing
Salty ham, sweet roasted spring onions, fluffy potato and a sticky sherry dressing make this...