Smoked mackerel kedgeree
- October 2004
- Serves 2
- Less than 30 minutes
This super-quick cheat’s kedgeree tastes just as good as the original and takes only a fraction of the time. A great alternative dish for brunch.
If you have a little more time, try our traditional kedgeree recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 tub of chilled pilau rice
- 200g smoked mackerel
- 50g butter
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Coriander leaves
- Heat the tub of chilled pilau rice in the microwave according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard the skin from 200g smoked mackerel, then flake the fish.
- Melt 50g butter in a large pan, add 4 sliced spring onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the fish and hot rice, along with 2 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs. Season.
- When piping hot, stir in some coriander leaves and divide between 2 plates.
Rate & review