Smoked mackerel salad
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
Smoked mackerel is the perfect ingredient for a quick and scrumptious supper and it’s packed full of nutrients – this recipe also has avocado, lentils and tomatoes.
Take a look at our smoked mackerel with new potato salad, if you want a slightly more robust salad.
- 25.5g (5.4g saturated)
- 15.3g (2.7s sugar)
- 150g hot-smoked mackerel, skinned
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon, plus an extra squeeze
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g pack ready-cooked puy lentils (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 handfuls of lamb’s lettuce or other salad leaves
- Handful of fresh chives, snipped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Gently break the mackerel into bite-size chunks and put in a serving bowl. Slice the avocado into chunks, then squeeze over a little lemon juice to prevent it browning.
- Add the avocado, tomatoes, lentils, salad leaves and chives to the mackerel. Whisk the lemon juice with sea salt, black pepper and a pinch of caster sugar, then whisk in the olive oil. Pour over the salad, toss gently, then serve.
Rate & review