Smoked salmon pâté with quick-pickled radish and cucumber
- March 2016
- Serves 6 as a starter or nibble
- Hands-on time 15 min
Smoked salmon pâté, served with blinis or toasted sourdough, is an excellent quick-fix starter recipe.
- 18.1g (10.4g saturated)
- 7.6g (7.3g sugars)
- 200g smoked salmon
- 280g full-fat cream cheese
- the juice of 1 lemon
- a small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 100ml single cream
- a handful of radishes
- ½ cucumber
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- blinis or toasted sourdough, to serve
- a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, put the smoked salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley, single cream and horseradish sauce and a good few turns of black pepper and salt. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, whizz in a blender or mini chopper. Set aside.
- Finely slice the radishes and peel the cucumber into ribbons then put in a mixing bowl. Pour over the white wine vinegar and add the caster sugar, then season generously with salt and toss. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pâté and pickle with blinis or toasted sourdough and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
The pâté will keep for up to 4 days, chilled in a sealed container.
Rate & review