Smoked salmon pâté with quick-pickled radish and cucumber
- March 2016
- 200g smoked salmon
- 280g full-fat cream cheese
- the juice of 1 lemon
- a small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 100ml single cream
- a handful of radishes
- ½ cucumber
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- blinis or toasted sourdough, to serve
- a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, put the smoked salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley, single cream and horseradish sauce and a good few turns of black pepper and salt. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, whizz in a blender or mini chopper. Set aside.
- Finely slice the radishes and peel the cucumber into ribbons then put in a mixing bowl. Pour over the white wine vinegar and add the caster sugar, then season generously with salt and toss. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pâté and pickle with blinis or toasted sourdough and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
The pâté will keep for up to 4 days, chilled in a sealed container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked salmon with orange dressing and avocado pâté
This smoked salmon recipe with orange dressing and avocado pâté...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter