Spicy salmon and new potato traybake
- June 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 20 MIN
This simple combination of salmon, potatoes and veg never tasted so good – and all in a mere 30 minutes. The key to unlocking plenty of flavour lies in the gochujang chilli paste, but you can always use miso paste if you can’t get hold of it.
Fancy something else? Check out our lower-calorie salmon and broccoli traybake.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 28.4g (4.9g saturated)
- 40.9g (9g sugars)
- 750g new potatoes, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 sustainable salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp Korean gochujang chilli paste (widely available; see tip)
- 2 limes, zested (then 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges to serve)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed and halved
- 300g pak choi or tenderstem broccoli, quartered or halved
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/ gas 7. Line a large baking tray
with compostable baking paper, add the potatoes, then drizzle with
1 tbsp of the oil. Season with salt and black pepper, toss well, then
bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the top of each salmon fillet with ½ tsp of the chilli
paste. Put the remaining chilli paste in a medium bowl with 1 tbsp oil, the lime zest and juice, garlic and soy sauce. Mix, add the spring onions and pak choi, then toss to coat.
- Remove the potato tray from the oven and use a spatula to turn the potatoes over, making room on the tray. Add the salmon fillets and
scatter the veg around them, drizzling with any dressing from the
bowl. Return to the oven and bake for 12–15 minutes more until the salmon is cooked to your liking and the vegetables are tender. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Don’t like spicy heat? Use miso instead of the chilli paste for a savoury boost
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...