Smoked venison salad with pears, walnuts and blue cheese
- December 2011
- 50g walnuts
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 ripe pear
- 60g bag mixed salad leaves (we like Steve’s Leaves, from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 100g pack Rannoch Scottish Smoked Venison (from Waitrose), or similar
- 40g pack Finishing Touches Mango and Chilli Dressing (from Waitrose), or similar
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat a small saucepan over a medium heat, then gently toast the walnuts for 1-2 minutes. Drizzle over the honey, then toss the walnuts until they are coated and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- Core the pear, then slice into 8 long pieces. Toss with the bag of mixed salad in a large bowl along with the venison and the dressing, then divide between 2 plates.
- Top with the cheese and honeyed walnuts, then serve with slices of warmed ciabatta or other crusty bread, if you like.
For a more substantial salad, stir through 100-150g cooked couscous or bulgur wheat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter