Spanish-style pork with olives and peppers
- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook
Switch up your supper with this easy and economical pork recipe. Served with mashed potatoes, it’s one the whole family will enjoy.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 17.2g fat (3.3 saturated)
- 14.7g (8.6 sugar)
- 4 boneless pork shoulder steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika (smoked, if you prefer)
- 200ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g flame-roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 100g pitted green olives
- 1 heaped tbsp capers, drained
- 200ml chicken stock, hot
- Season the pork steaks. Heat a deep frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and the steaks and fry for about 5 minutes, until golden brown on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and paprika and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the red wine and bubble to reduce for 2 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients. Return the pork to the pan and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Season well and serve with plenty of buttery mashed potato.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Pork medallions in marsala sauce with spinach polenta
This easy but impressive pork recipe gets its star quality from a creamy marsala sauce,...