Spiced vegetable curry
- May 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25-30 minutes
This is a mild and creamy curry recipe suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Or if you’re a meat eater wanting to try out some delicious vegetarian meals for a change then this one is perfect.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 37.2g (9.9g saturated)
- 42.4g (10.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 tbsp mild curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 125g fine green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 175g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1/2 small cauliflower (about 375g), broken into small florets
- 100g ground almonds
- 410g can green lentils, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until softened. Stir in the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, beans, potato, corn and cauliflower. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Season to taste, then stir in the ground almonds and lentils. Simmer for a few minutes more until warmed through. Serve with plain boiled rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Split pea and vegetable curry
This divine veggie curry contains paneer, a soft, mild Indian cheese which retains its shape...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...