Steamed corn on the cob with lime and chilli butter
- July 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 5 min, on the hob15 mins
A barbecue wouldn’t be complete without some buttered corn on the cob. We’re big fans of this zesty steamed corn on the cob recipe with lime and chilli butter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.4g fat (13.2g saturated)
- 3.6g protein
- 16.4g carbs (2.1g sugars)
- 2g fibre
- 0.4g salt
- 6 corn cobs
- 150g salted butter, softened
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- A few pinches chilli flakes (we like aleppo chilli flakes, available from specialist food shops)
- Put the corn cobs in a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes until bright yellow and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter with the lime zest and lemon juice, and a good few pinches of chilli flakes. Once the corn is tender, transfer to a serving dish and spread with the butter. Serve immediately with any leftover butter.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...