Sticky marmalade duck
- July 2007
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 8-10 min, plus resting
Don’t have time to make duck à l’orange? Try this Chinese-style cheat’s version of sticky marmalade duck that only needs five ingredients.
Or, try this recipe for roast duck with star anise and orange sauce – a Sunday roast with Chinese flavours.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 duck breasts
- 100g marmalade
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- A small bag of herb leaf salad
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Slash the skin of the duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern, season and sear in a hot frying pan over a high heat for 2 min each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small roasting tin, mix the marmalade, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Add the duck and turn to coat.
- Roast for 8-10 min in the oven, until golden and still a little pink in the middle. Rest for 5 min, then thickly slice.
- Divide the salad between 2 shallow bowls, top with the duck and drizzle over the pan juices. Serve with orange wedges, if you like.
Rate & review