- April 2014
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
This healthy chicken traybake recipe, from nutritionist Dale Pinnock, combines spinach and mozzarella which both increase your body’s absorption of beta-carotene. You can easily multiply the ingredients in this recipe, to cook for more people.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 20.1g (2.3g saturated)
- 1.5g (0.9g sugars)
- 1 large free-range skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 3 handfuls baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp olive tapenade (optional)
- 2 slices low-fat mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Put the chicken breast on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then roast for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a metal sieve or colander and pour over freshly boiled water until wilted. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water, then leave to drain.
- After 12 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. Carefully spread the tapenade, if using, over the chicken breast, cover with the wilted spinach, then put the mozzarella on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the tray to the oven for 8 minutes more or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Remove and rest for a few minutes before eating.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
Goat’s cheese-stuffed chicken breasts with roasted beetroot
We’ve made these stuffed chicken breasts healthier by using half goat’s cheese, half lighter cream...