Sweet potato, chickpea and feta salad with tahini dressing
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35 min
Soft roasted sweet potato, tangy feta and crunchy chickpeas combine in this knockout veggie salad. Drizzle it all in the dreamy tahini dressing for extra richness!
- Vegetarian recipes
- 19.5g (6.3g saturated)
- 51.2g (14.6g sugars)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tsp za’atar or ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Juice 2 lemons
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp rose harissa (we like Belazu)
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, then cut into chunks
- 20g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 15g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 100g feta, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Arrange the sweet potato chunks in a single layer in a large baking tray, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with za’atar/oregano. Toss to coat, then roast for 25 minutes. Put the red onion in a bowl with some salt and the juice of 1 lemon, then leave to quick-pickle.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the harissa and 1 tsp of the oil. After 25 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and push the sweet potato to one side. Add the chickpeas to the tray, then roast for 10 minutes more (see Make Ahead).
- Toss the sweet potato, chickpeas, cucumber and herbs in a large salad bowl (or on a platter), then scatter over the feta. Drain the red onions, then scatter over the top.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the tahini and remaining lemon juice and oil, then season with salt and pepper. Serve the dressing tossed with the salad or on the side.
Roast the sweet potato and harissa chickpeas the day before, then chill separately. Toss everything together to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato salad with avocado, feta and pickled walnuts
This colourful vegetarian salad recipe makes a lovely light dinner or lunch.