Sweetcorn houmous with lamb chops and tomatoes
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
We’ve topped homemade sweetcorn houmous with spiced lamb chops and roasted cherry tomatoes for a quick and easy family dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 38.3g (8.9g saturated)
- 16.8g (4.4g sugars)
- 8 British lamb chops
- 1½ tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 350g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 corn cobs
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Baby leaf salad, to serve
- Heat the grill to medium. Put the lamb chops on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle over the ras el hanout spice mix and mix to coat the chops well. Grill for 2 minutes on each side. Add the cherry tomatoes to the baking tray and grill for a further 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, put the corn cobs in a pan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, then slice the kernels from the cobs (discard the cobs). Put most in a food processor with 5 tbsp olive oil, a tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed, the garlic, tahini and the lemon zest and juice. Whizz until almost smooth, then season.
- Spoon the corn houmous evenly onto 4 plates, then top each with 2 lamb chops and some grilled tomatoes. Serve sprinkled with the remaining corn and baby leaf salad.
Make the houmous up to 2 days ahead, cover and chill. Reheat gently to serve. Use any extra houmous as a dip for crisps or crudités.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Minty lamb chops with quick boulangère potatoes
These minty lamb chops make a simple, tasty family-friendly dinner, while the boulangère potatoes is...
Lamb chops with avocado salsa
Try our tasty lamb chops with avocado salsa next time you fancy something different for...