Zesty lamb chops with couscous
- July 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Lamb chops are quick to cook making them ideal for speedy weeknight cooking. We’ve served them here on a bed of minty couscous for a light and fresh meal.
- 20.8g (6.5g saturated
- 65.5g (9.8g sugars)
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 8 British lamb chops or cutlets
- Grated zest 3 lemons, juice 2½, plus 4 slices
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 300g wholewheat couscous
- 35g currants
- 100g queen or nocellara olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 130g baby leaf spinach
- Handful mixed herbs (we used mint, coriander and parsley), finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3. Heat the oil a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, then add to the pan along with the lemon slices and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side (longer if you like your meat well done). Put the onion in a glass or ceramic bowl with the juice from one lemon.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions. Once the lamb is cooked, transfer it to a tray and loosely cover it with foil. Turn off the oven and put the lamb in to keep warm and rest.
- Add 60ml water to the lamb pan and bubble on a high heat, scraping the pan. Reduce the liquid by roughly half, then stir in the remaining lemon juice, most of the zest, the currants and olives. Take off the heat and stir in the couscous, spinach and most of the herbs, then taste and season.
- Serve the chops and the couscous with any resting juices spooned over, sprinkled with the onion, the remaining herbs and lemon zest.
Add a handful of shelled unsalted pistachios and swap the currants for sour cherries. A dollop of natural yogurt would go well on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb chops with avocado salsa
Try our tasty lamb chops with avocado salsa next time you fancy something different for...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...