Lamb chops with avocado salsa
- July 2008
- for 4 people
- Ready in 20-25 minutes
Try our tasty lamb chops with avocado salsa next time you fancy something different for tea. Vegetarians can replace the chops with thick haloumi slices and griddle as per recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
Per serving: 571kcals, 43.5g fat (12.6g saturated), 35.8g protein, 9.8g carbs, 3.9g sugar, 0.4g salt
- 8-12 lamb chops (depending on how many people you are feeding)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 250g shelled broad beans, skins removed
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped, plus
- 1 extra sprig to griddle
- Bunch (50g) of watercress
For the salsa
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- For the salsa, peel and roughly chop or squash the avocados and roughly chop the tomatoes. Put in a bowl with all the remaining salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat a griddle pan until hot. Season the lamb chops well with salt and black pepper. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and griddle over a high heat for 2 minutes each side (pop the extra sprig of rosemary on the griddle for more flavour). Remove from the pan and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the remaining olive oil in a frying pan, add the broad beans and toss for 3 minutes, until warmed through. Remove from the heat and simply stir through the chopped herbs and watercress.
- Serve a spoonful of bean mix on a plate, with the lamb chops on top, then a spoonful of the chilled salsa on top of them.
Veggies: replace the chops with thick haloumi slices and griddle as per recipe.
Rate & review