Sweetshop crispy treats
- March 2016
- Makes 25
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus chilling
A trip and a tribute to the sweetshop all in one cake – kids and adults alike will love these no-bake treats, with Mars bars, Rice Krispies, Crunchies and more (see tips for what you could swap).
Especially handy if the Easter bunny has been very generous this year…
- 6.5g (3.8g saturated)
- 24.6g (17.7g sugars)
- 50g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g Rice Krispies
- 2 Crunchie bars, roughly chopped
- 2 x 100g bags Cadbury Mini Eggs (or similar), plus extra to decorate
- 225g marshmallows
- 2 Curly Wurly bars, roughly chopped
- 4 x 39g Mars bars, chopped
- Flavourless oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed
You’ll also need…
- 20cm square baking tin
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with cling film. Put the Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl with half the chopped Crunchie bars and half the Mini Eggs, then set aside.
- Put the butter, marshmallows and chopped Curly Wurly and Mars bars in another medium, non-metallic, heatproof mixing bowl. If you have a microwave, melt the mixture on a medium heat for 30-second bursts, stirring after each one, until you have a thick, gloopy, melted mixture. Alternatively, sit the bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the water isn’t touching the bowl) and stir regularly until the mixture melts.
- Pour the melted mixture onto the Rice Krispie mixture and quickly stir. The mixture is very sticky, so you need to work quickly. Spoon into the prepared tin. Sprinkle the remaining chopped Crunchie bars and Mini Eggs over the top, then rub a little flavourless oil onto your hands and flatten the mixture into the tin. Cover with cling film, then chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Slice into 25 squares.
Instead of Crunchies you could use roughly chopped salted pretzels, Munchies or shortbread pieces. Instead of Mini Eggs, try white chocolate buttons or dried cranberries.
Make the cakes up to 4 days ahead, then keep in a tin in the fridge or in a cool place.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...