Quick rocky road
- November 2018
- Makes 24 squares
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus setting
Marshmallows, pecans, plump raisins and malted milk biscuits are smothered with a sweet syrupy chocolate mixture then left to set before serving.
If biscuit, marshmallow and chocolate is your thing, you have to give our Tunnock’s teacake traybake a try.
- 175g unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 250g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200g marshmallows
- 150g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 125g plump raisins (we used Waitrose flame raisins)
- 300g malted milk biscuits, broken into small chunks
You’ll also need…
- A 20cm x 30cm brownie tin, greased and lined with non-stick baking paper
- Put the butter, syrup and both types of chocolate into a large saucepan set over a low heat. Leave to melt, then mix until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Add the marshmallows (see tip), nuts, raisins and biscuits to the pan and fold together using a rubber spatula until evenly mixed. Spread out into an even layer in the prepared tin and chill for 1 hour 30 min before slicing.
Snip regular-size marshmallows in half with kitchen scissors or use mini ones.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rocky road Easter egg
Need something to occupy the kids over the Easter holidays? Get them in the kitchen...