Quick rocky road
- November 2018
- Makes 24 squares
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus setting
This rocky road recipe is easy: just stir marshmallows, nuts, raisins and biscuits into melted chocolate. The hard bit is waiting for it to set…
If biscuit, marshmallow and chocolate is your thing, you have to give our Tunnock’s teacake traybake a try.
- 175g unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 250g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200g marshmallows
- 150g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 125g plump raisins (we used Waitrose flame raisins)
- 300g malted milk biscuits, broken into small chunks
You’ll also need…
- A 20cm x 30cm brownie tin, greased and lined with non-stick baking paper
- Put the butter, syrup and both types of chocolate into a large saucepan set over a low heat. Leave to melt, then mix until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Add the marshmallows (see tip), nuts, raisins and biscuits to the pan and fold together using a rubber spatula until evenly mixed. Spread out into an even layer in the prepared tin and chill for 1 hour 30 min before slicing.
Snip regular-size marshmallows in half with kitchen scissors or use mini ones.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter