Taleggio and mushroom pastry melt
- October 2006
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 375g fresh puff pastry
- 50g rocket
- 300g Taleggio, sliced (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Reduce the heat, add the garlic and thyme leaves. Season with pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to a 40cm square. Scatter the rocket over 1 half, then top with the mushrooms and Taleggio. Brush the pastry edges with egg and fold the pastry over the filling, pressing to seal. Put on a baking sheet and prick with a fork. Chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Eggwash the pastry and make slashes in the top. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Serve hot, garnished with the extra thyme leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter