Aromatic egg, spinach and potato curry
- May 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Use up any leftovers from our fragrant curry sauce recipe for this easy vegetarian egg, spinach and potato curry. It’s also free from dairy and gluten – so everyone can enjoy it!
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 43.9g (31.4g saturated)
- 28.1g (8.7g sugars)
- ⅓ quantity fragrant curry sauce (430ml)
- 200g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Large handful baby leaf spinach
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Steamed basmati rice to serve
- Gently reheat the curry sauce in a shallow pan. Keep at a low simmer, covered with a tight-fitting lid.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large pan filled with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the eggs (in their shells) and simmer for 5 minutes (for a fudgy yolk) or cook to your preference.
- Drain the potatoes and eggs. Add the potatoes straight to the curry sauce along with the spinach. Stir, then keep warm. Run cold water over the eggs until cool enough to handle, then shell, cut in half and add to the curry.
- Sprinkle over the sliced spring onion, chopped coriander, sliced chilli and plenty of ground black pepper. Serve with the basmati rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...