Tomato and tuna pilaf
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
This tomato and tuna pilaff recipe is quick and easy and perfect for a midweek family supper.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 19.8g (4.7g saturated)
- 65g (3.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 300g basmati rice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 400g can tomatoes
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Knob of butter
- 200g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 2 x 200g cans tuna in oil, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/ gas 4. Heat the oil in a casserole on the hob and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the rice and cayenne and stir to coat in the oil. Add the tomatoes and stock and season well.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the butter, beans and tuna, then serve.
A can each of tuna and green lentils will make a great salad combined with roasted red peppers, goat’s cheese, fresh tomatoes and chopped herbs. Mix with equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
To save money on recipes like pilaf, buy a pack of 4 cans of tuna and keep the others for future use.
Rate & review