Pizza sauce for kids
- October 2011
- Makes 400g sauce
- Takes 5-10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
This easy tomato sauce, from chef Francesco Mazzei, is the ideal pizza sauce for kids to help make with you. Use to top homemade pizza bases.
Check out Francesco’s homemade pizza dough for kids too, then have fun getting creative with the toppings.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 3.1g (0.4g saturated)
- 8.6g (6.4g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g fresh or canned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a gentle heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook very gently for about 10 minutes until soft – don’t let them brown. Add the remaining ingredients and season. Stir, then simmer for 20 minutes until you have a thickish sauce. If using fresh tomatoes, you will need to break them up with a spoon.
- This keeps well in the fridge, in a sterilised screw-top jar, for up to a week.
Rate & review